The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Monday, December 12, 2005

Golden Hour level #1 workshop

We had the workshop yesterday, and it was nicely attended, but I couldn't get over the feeling that I wish the folks who showed up had been the second or third group, rather than the first.  I just need to think through the material more.  How much background is needed?  Not sure.  Do I need to tell any of the theoretical foundations, or just demonstrate the movements?  Not sure.  Arrgh!  But then, that's why I needed a test case.
##
I tried to give them a history of my search, and thoughts on why this specific approach was important.  Time will tell whether I managed to do that appropriately, but WOW, did I understand why it is difficult to convey certain concepts directly.  Sigh.  But they were willing, and attentive, and open.  Again, time will tell.
##
For those of you who made it out to Covina to hear me speak of 1st level Golden Hour, thank you very much, and I hope you had a great time--but I definitely have work to do!

No comments: