The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Monday, September 19, 2011

Principle #3: The capacity to believe in Self deeply

Principle #3: The capacity to believe in Self deeply

Whew! New week, and new opportunity to move forward. And in two days, I'm going to be launching something I've been preparing for for three years.

I can't believe I waited so long to do it, but the reason relates to Principle #3. We all have damage in our hearts, and we all have strengths. I've spent a lifetime seeking to understand both.

Over the last twenty years, I've taught aspects of this material as "Lifewriting", "The Hero's Journey" and other forms, but three years ago I created the "101 Program"--a 101 day program to totally transform people's lives. My Sufi master co-conspirator and I tested it on literally HUNDREDS of people. The risk was in allowing a special test group to have access for free. But despite the fact that business "experts" advised me against it, and told me I could charge over a THOUSAND DOLLARS for this material, I wanted to be absolutely certain that the approach would work. No one had ever created a virtual "encyclopedia" of personal development. It was a risk, but one we were willing to take.

Did it work?
Here's just one comment: "It changed my life. It SAVED my life"--LaVeda Mason

Wow! When you get comments like that (and I've got a huge file of them) you know you're heading in the right direction. I had to trust myself. Had to believe in myself. My SELF. Regardless of my flaws and frailties, my doubts and fears, I had to believe that the basic person I am, the basic path I've walked, is one I can trust.

Do YOU have that kind of faith in yourself? If not, you don't have the bed-rock to stand on.

"Give me a fulcrum and a lever long enough, and I will move the world"--Archimedes. What does this mean to you? The lever is your clear goals and sustained efforts, focused over time. But the fulcrum is your belief in yourself, clear and bright and hard.

Concentrate on these two things: clarity and Self-confidence. Constant action. If you can sustain these, you, like Archimedes, can move the world.

How long? Well, how about...101 days, for instance..?

In two days, your life is going to change.

Steve

No comments: